Is online distance learning right for you? Do you want the convenience of being able to take online college courses whenever and wherever you want? Brighton is an online distance learning institution that’s here to help you build a successful career.
The Brighton admissions office has listed the admissions requirements and other other important enrollment information below.
Interested candidates should submit at the time of enrollment:
- A completed enrollment application via our Enrollment Page
- Evidence of earning a high school diploma or GED, or the recognized equivalent. Official documents must be submitted within 90 days of enrollment.
- Students who have attended an accredited university or college recognized by the U.S. Department of Education may submit an official school transcript in lieu of a high school diploma. The transcript must be mailed directly to Brighton from the university/college.
- Brighton’s guidelines in regard to homeschooling verification include the submission of a high school transcript form, filled and signed by the parent/guardian/administrator who was in charge of teaching and record-keeping the lesson plans (if the parent registered with an independent educational institution in the State where both student/parent resides, the institution can provide this to Brighton). The required form must include the final grade per subject taught, the credit awarded, and GPA (Grade Point Average), as well as the years each course was taught (see sample attached). A signed diploma can be used in conjunction with the transcripts submitted by the parent/guarding/administrator, but not as a sole form of proof that the required didactic hours and academic subjects were taught at every level of each academic year. However, if an independent educational institution in the State is issuing the diploma, this can be a sole form of proof the student completed his/her high school hours/subjects required.
- Sample Home School Verification form
Candidates for admission must meet the following requirements upon enrollment:
- Be 18 years of age or older or provide permission from responsible parties to enroll
- Have the ability to speak, read, and write English fluently
- Have the ability to be self-motivated and work independently
- Have the ability to use a personal computer and the internet
- Have the ability to receive and send email
- Nurse Paralegal students must submit evidence of L.P.N, R.N., B.S.N., or M.D. credential, or a two-year Associate Degree in Nursing.
- In addition, LPN prospective students must submit transcripts from an LPN state approved program, an LPN license from the National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX-PN), and one year of working experience under the supervision of an RN or MD.
Brighton has several options to help you with your tuition. Please call the office so we can assist you with a plan that’s right for you.
Cengage System Requirements
Cengage web-based learning platforms require broadband internet access and supported web browsers and plugins.
- Chrome™ 88 and 89
- Firefox® 86 (Windows 10 only)
- Edge 88 and 89 (Windows 10 only)
- Chrome 88 and 89
- Safari® 13 and 14
- Safari 13 and 14
Other browsers and versions than those listed might also work, but are not supported. If you have problems when using an unsupported browser version, try using a supported browser version before contacting Customer Support.
TalentLMS System Requirements
TalentLMS is compatible with all modern browsers including Firefox, IE 9+, Chrome, Safari, and Opera. Our platform is also compatible with all browsers used by the latest mobile devices (i.e., iOS and Android).
When TalentLMS detects an older browser, the user is automatically prompted to update their browser to experience our software the best way possible.
To use the TalentLMS app you need an Android or iOS device.
If you have one, the recommended devices for installing and running the TalentLMS app without complications are:
All devices that run iOS 9 +. Those are:
- All mobile devices from iPhone 4s +
- All iPads from iPad 2 +
- All iPad mini devices
- All iPod touch devices of the 5th generation and higher
All devices that run Android 5 +.
- Windows Mobile
You may enroll for any program, and start anytime, unless the date falls on a weekend or holiday. Contact an Admissions Advisor to learn more. Enrollment applications are accepted throughout the year. An enrollment agreement is subject to final approval and acceptance by a LearnKey school official. Upon satisfying the admissions requirements, an acceptance letter will be sent to the student. If the admissions requirements are not met, a denial letter will be sent to the student.
If for any reason you are not accepted into Brighton, all monies remitted with the Enrollment Application will be promptly returned.
Transfer of Credit
Credit for Previous Training
Brighton only accepts previous training from past students of Brighton or Brighton College. No other credit or previous training will be evaluated or considered.
It is highly recommended a student complete all courses within the program of study. Determination of credit will be made upon receipt of and evaluation of an official transcript and course description. Please contact the Student Services Department for a Transfer of Credit review.
Transfer of Credit Hours
Brighton neither guarantees nor implies that other institutions will accept credit hours or previous training earned at the College. A student who anticipates transferring to another institution should first contact the other institution to determine whether or not their credit hours or previous training will transfer. Policies governing the transferability of credits vary greatly from school to school.
Refund Calculation Details
A student may drop a course they are attending within the first 7 days of the start of the course. A full refund will be issued, minus costs of materials shipped, ordered, or consumed if applicable. Materials include books, hardware, software, etc. If a student drops any course from day 8 to 30, a full refund will be issued, minus costs of materials shipped, ordered, or consumed if applicable, in addition to a 20% administration fee. After day 30, there is no refund for the course that they have started. For any courses not started in the student's program term, a full refund will be issued, minus costs of materials shipped, ordered, or consumed if applicable. All courses/terms that have been billed for will not be eligible for a refund after 1 year of the date the billing was submitted.